Sunday, 24 November 2013
Wednesday, 21 August 2013
Saturday, 20 July 2013
With the Premier League page and team pages nearly completed on our beloved FootballNetwork, I would like to know what other leagues you readers would like to see on FootballNetwork. Or if there is any other features you'd like to see? So what leagues or features would you like? Please comment below or email me at email@example.com with your ideas! This is to make it a better experience for me but especially you and you can get the most out of this site and feel as though you have had an input. I will welcome any ideas. Thanks
Midsummer is an event held primarily to fund five different charities. It is being organized at a massive scale on 31st July, 2013 at the venue Hyde Park in London. The line-up of Midsummer proceedings is very strong as the UK music and entertainment industry's creme-de-la-creme will be participating and performing at the event. People attending the event will get to see live performances from most of the top 40 Billboard musicians and entertainment quotient will be taken a notch higher by some of the UK's highly respected comedians. This event is sponsored by the leading consumer brands of the county. The event will formally begin at 12:00 pm sharp and maximum public participation is required to make it a success. Entrance is free for one and all and attendees will be served free drinks and food from our sponsors. This is a great event for a great cause, for more information click here, Midsummer.
Newcastle United have been linked with many strikers this summer - just like every other year! - and this time round they will be looking to actually complete some deals instead of claiming it is nearly 'over the line' like in previous years. With Papiss Cissé having pulled out of the per-season tour because of the religious reasons with wearing the Wonga Sponsor it has cast doubt over his future with The Toon so Newcastle really need to get moving in the striker department!
Darren Bent has been linked with the Magpies for some time now with Newcastle having declared an interest in the Aston Villa forward. Joe Kinnear - the new and somewhat controversial Director of Football - has many times said this deal will be completed in the next few but it doesn't seem any closer.Will the deal go through? The fee is expected to be £6-8 million if it goes and its reported that Bent will have to take a pay cut in his wages which could be the main obstacle in completing the deal. He would make a player for Newcastle but may need to train a lot to get back up to match fitness after a quiet last 2 seasons. Do you think he would make a good addition to Newcastle? Comment below.
Loic Remy, the player Newcastle were unbelievably close to signing last winter, is also a target yet again for Newcastle with rumours shooting around that a player-plus-cash involving players such as Steven Taylor or Mike Williamson, this was denied (like always) by Newcastle. That would be a good deal because Newcastle needs another striker but they also need another centre back which wouldn't be helped by getting rid of Williamson, most certainly not Steven Taylor who was great last season. Remy would probably be interested in going to Tyneside as it was only money that sent him to London last time. Will he move? Comment below.
Andre-Pierre Gignac is another player on the radar who hasn't had a great few years at Marseille. So much so that Marseille fans are hoping he goes and are already saying their goodbyes. He may not be the best candidate for Newcastle but even he must be better than nothing.
Bafetimbi Gomis is the final target for Newcastle, the French powerhouse is also attracting interest from Cardiff City and Swansea (though a bid from Swansea is doubtful since they bought Wilfried Bony for £13 million last week). However, it is thought that Gomis would prefer a move to Tyneside than Wales, one of the reasons being that he would be more comfortable and fit in better with the French contingent at Newcastle. Would he be a good player? Will this deal go through?
One if the most worrying factors for Newcastle with these transfer targets is that the majority are French and if they are not careful then the non-French players may feel isolated which will not be good for team spirit.
Who so you think they'll sign if anyone? Comment below.
Feel free to subscribe!
Tuesday, 9 July 2013
2. DAVID BECKHAM - Midfielder - 115 CAPS
3. BOBBY MOORE - Centre-Back - 108 CAPS
4. BOBBY CHARLTON - Midfielder - 106 CAPS
5. BILLY WRIGHT - Centre-Back - 105 CAPS
6. ASHLEY COLE - Left-Back - 103 CAPS
7. STEVEN GERRARD - Midfielder - 102 CAPS
8. FRANK LAMPARD - Midfielder - 97 CAPS
9. BRYAN ROBSON - Midfielder - 90 CAPS
10. MICHAEL OWEN - Striker - 89 CAPS
Image sources: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01460/Peter_Shilton_1460463i.jpg
2. CHELSEA - 2004-05 - 40 GAMES
3. MANCHESTER UNITED - 1998-99 - 29 GAMES
4. NOTTINGHAM FOREST - 1995-96 - 25 GAMES
5. MANCHESTER CITY - 2012-13 - 21 GAMES
6. LIVERPOOL - 2008-09 - 17 GAMES
7. ASTON VILLA - 1998-99 - 14 GAMES
8. LEEDS UNITED - 1993-94 - 14 GAMES
9. NEWCASTLE UNITED - 2011-12 - 14 GAMES
10. WIMBLEDON - 1996-97 - 14 GAMES
Image sources: http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Arsenal-2003-2004.jpg
1. ALAN SHEARER - Blackburn & Newcastle United - 260 GOALS
2. ANDY COLE - Newcastle United, Manchester United, Blackburn, Fulham, Manchester City & Portsmouth - 188 GOALS
3. THIERRY HENRY - Arsenal - 175 GOALS
4. FRANK LAMPARD - West Ham United, Swansea City (Loan) & Chelsea - 165 GOALS
5. ROBBIE FOWLER - Liverpool, Leeds United & Manchester City - 163 GOALS
6. WAYNE ROONEY - Everton & Manchester United - 156 GOALS
7. MICHAEL OWEN - Liverpool, Newcastle United, Manchester United & Stoke City - 150 GOALS
8. LES FERDINAND - QPR, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United, Leicester & Bolton - 149 GOALS
9. TEDDY SHERINGHAM - Nottingham Forest, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United & Portsmouth - 147 GOALS
10. JIMMY FLOYD HASSELBAINK - Leeds United, Chelsea, Middlesbrough, Charlton Athletic - 127 GOALS
Image sources: http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/6/9/1244561282496/Alan-Shearer-001.jpg
1. FERNANDO TORRES - Liverpool to Chelsea - £50 million
2. SERGIO AGUERO - Athletico Madrid to Manchester City - £38 million
3. ANDY CARROLL - Newcastle to Liverpool - £35 million
4. ROBINHO - Real Madrid to Manchester City - £32.5 million
5. EDEN HAZARD - Lille to Chelsea - £32 million
6. ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO - AC Milan to Chelsea - £30.8 million
7. DIMITAR BERBATOV - Tottenham Hotspur to Manchester United - £30.75 million
8. RIO FERDINAND - Leeds to Manchester United - £30 million
9. FERNANDINHO - Shakhtar Donetsk to Manchester City - £30 million
10. JUAN SEBASTIAN VERON - Lazio to Manchester United - £28.1 million
Image sources: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01816/Fernando_Torres_1816070c.jpg
Thursday, 4 July 2013
It's Newcastle's turn to buy players from Wigan just days after James Perch has gone from Newcastle to Wigan. They have enquired about the availability and price of the Lactics star striker, Arouna Kone. It had been widely believed that Everton were days off completing a deal for the player current manager, Roberto Martinez, brought in during his time at Wigan.
Kone's price tag is thought to be around £5-6 million but the recently relegated club will hope to get even more for him. He is certainly Premier League standard and hos talent would be wasted in the Championship so I'm sure Newcastle fans would be delighted to watch the deadly striker in a black and white jersey.
29 year-old Kone was signed from Levante last July and he very nearly kept Wigan up, if they didn't have him they might of been relegated months before the end of the season instead of a week before. He scored 11 goals in total for the FA Cup winners.
With Wigan having just brought in former West Brom striker Marc-Antoine Fortune it could mean its only a matter of time until Kone leaves for a bigger, better club with Everton his most likely destination. Wiagan have accepted bids from Everton and Newcastle meaning its up to the player as to where he will play next season. Where do you think he will choose to go? Comment below.
Feel free to subscribe!